Jo O’Meara – Thriller – OUT NOW
As previously reported, our gorgeous Jo has released a version of “Thriller” all in the name of charity! The song is released in aid of the Great Ormond Street Hospital charity GOSH.
You can stream Jo’s version of the track on your favorite streaming platform by clicking here.
Check out the press release
Celebrating the 40th anniversary of Thriller with a spooktacular version of the Michael Jackson classic. The BRIT Award-winning S Club 7 star and solo artist Jo O’Meara gets the Halloween celebrations started in spine-tingling fashion as she releases a spooktacular take on Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ to mark the 40th anniversary of the song’s release. This new version of the song features The Celebs, an all-star line-up which includes Anne Hegerty of ‘The Chase’ performing Vincent Price’s hair-raising role.
Both the song and the accompanying video see Jo and The Celebs in a full-on ‘Thriller’ fright night as night creatures call and the dead start to walk. The frightful fear factory visual features guests including:
– Anne Hegerty – would you rather face The Governess on ‘The Chase’, or stand and face the hounds of hell?
– Bethannie Hare – the rising singer, also known for her role as Cher McQueen in ‘Hollyoaks’.
– Tyger Drew-Honey – the actor and TV personality who has starred in ‘Outnumbered’, ‘Cuckoo’ and ‘Horrid Henry’.
– Ivan Kaye – the towering actor who stars in ‘The Borgias’, ‘Vikings’ and ‘The Green Green Grass’.
– Kathy Hill – the model who memorably played George Michael’s love interest in ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!
– Faye Barker – the ITN news presenter, reporter and podcast host.
– Verona Rose – presenter of ITV’s ‘Secret Crush’ and Naomi in the Netflix hit ‘Top Boy’.
Jo O’Meara says, “I have always been a huge fan of MJ! ‘Thriller’ is an all-time classic and this year it turns 40. It seems the perfect song for Halloween 2022!”
While Jo and The Celebs enjoyed hours of fun making this new version of ‘Thriller’, their ambition is to raise funds for GOSH. Each year, GOSH faces an incredible task – to raise millions to support Great Ormond Street Hospital to remain at the forefront of paediatric medicine. Every day, about 600 children and young people from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. And every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. The money raised by GOSH helps support their patients and their families through their immensely challenging experiences, and funds research to find the life-saving cures of tomorrow.
The Celebs were formed by music industry executives Grahame and Jack Corbyn, who decided to use their expertise to raise some much needed funds for some amazing charities with the help of an array of like-minded stars of the entertainment industry. ‘Thriller’ is their fourth release following the celeb-packed singles ‘Rock With Rudolph’ (2018, also benefiting GOSH), ‘Merry Christmas Everyone’ (2020, for the Alzheimer’s Society and Action For Children) and ‘Let It Be’ (2021, for Mind).
Check out the music video below: